Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I finally found one I love!!!! Found it on All recipes and adjusted it a little bit because I don't love mayonnaise. Serve on rolls or croissants. Perfect for showers, parties, and pretty much any other time because its so stinking yummy!

4 c chicken, cubed
3/4 c mayo
1/2-3/4 c sour cream depending on how saucy you want it)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 c diced celery
3 green onions, diced
1 c chopped pecans
1 1/2 c craisins
1 c diced apple

Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, paprika, and seasoning salt. Add remaining ingredients and allow to sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors have time to combine. You can also wait and add the pecans right before serving so they have more crunch.

4 comments:

Raelyn said...

I so love chicken salad!!!! I make mine basically exactly like this...but I have never tried it with green onions, nor have I put seasoning salt in...but everything else is spot on to my recipe. LOVE IT! Yummy!

Lisa Henderson said...

I altered it just a little bit after last night. Its so yummy!

Abbie said...

This sounds so yummy, and even I could make it! I am so not a cooker. Last night I went out on a limb and made tin foil dinners, that shows you how good I am in the kitchen. I didn't realize until just now that you have this blog. I will be looking at it often, I'm sure.

Raelyn said...

So I made some yesterday...and I used Smoked paprika. Holy YUMMY!!!!! It tasted like there was bacon in it. It was really good...thought I would let you know! :)