Thursday, December 31, 2009

Homemade Laundry Soap

My Friend Tyece sent me this recipe. Not the best for whites but great for all the other loads and SO much cheaper!

Ingredients:
4 cups hot tap water
1 fels-naptha soap bar
1 cup Arm and Hammer laundry soda
½ cup borax

Grate (I use my food processor) bar of soap and add to saucepan of water. Stir continually over med – low heat until soap dissolves and is melted. Fill a 5 gallon bucket half way with very hot tap water. Add melted soap washing soda and borax. Stir until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more very hot tap water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken. *optional: you can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per two gallons, add once soap has cooled.

Top- loading machine: 5/8 cup per load
Front - loader: ¼ c per load (approx 400 loads)… and you just spent $2

From the DuggarFamily.com

1 comment:

Annessa B. said...

Awesome! I'd been wondering how to make this.