Monday, August 25, 2008

Pesto!

Pesto is not a hard thing to make but my Aunt Linda was the one who introduced me to Pesto and gave me a lot of the love for cooking that I have. I have tried countless Pesto recipes and they are always disappointing so I went straight to the source of Pesto goodness and last night we feasted! So here is the best Pesto ever!

2 cups basil cleaned and dry
3 cloves garlic
2/3 Tbsp olive oil

Place basil and garlic in a food processor and start to process, then start to drizzle olive oil through the top and mix until combined.

Here is the secret. In a saucepan melt 2-4 Tbsp butter and add 1-2 cloves garlic depending on how spicy you like it. Saute garlic in butter until just starting to brown and add pesto. Let simmer for a minute or two.

Toss sauce with noddles, pine nuts, and lots of Parmesan! Its heaven!

No comments: