Saturday, October 11, 2008

Snickerdoodles

I'm sad to say that I cant remember where I got this recipe from, although I'm pretty sure it was on the web somewhere. So please know I'm not trying to plagiarise you and will give whomever is credit when I can find out who they are!

Whoever they are though did make the perfect Snickerdoodles. These are so soft and so chewy and perfect in every way!

1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c butter Crisco
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tarter

Mix separately
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Slowly beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, salt, and cream of tarter until combined.

Now if you are like me you most likely forgot to soften your butter and so you decided to nuke it for just a few seconds in the microwave to soften, which is impossible! So your dough might be a little warm. I usually stick the dough in the fridge for a half hour or so to cool and get a little firmer.

Roll dough into balls and then roll in cinnamon sugar mix and place on cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 min or until the edges are barely turning golden.

No comments: