Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Breakfast Pumpkin Muffins

This is just barely healthy enough to be called breakfast. If you are looking for a good sweet Pumpkin Bread look under Sweet Breads for a better recipe. Many thanks to my friend Jody for this recipe! This makes a lot so I freeze them 2 to a bag and then we can grab then when we are in a rush in the morning.

4 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1 (16 oz) can pumpkin
3/4 c oil
3/4 c applesauce
2 c flour
1 c wheat flour
1/2 c oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips (optional)

Beet eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil, and applesauce until smooth. Add dry ingredients with mixer going and then fold in chocolate chips. I have heard with pumpkin muffins not to use liners so I sprayed my muffin tins and this made 24 muffins. Bake at 400 for 16 minutes.

No comments: