Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fried Squash

If you live in Utah like we do you are probably swimming in summer squash! Tonight I tried to fry zucchini and it was good although I didn't dip it in the egg and I think that would have helped it be crispy on the outside so thats how I will do it next time.

1 lg or 2 sm squash
1/2 c flour
1/2 c bread crumbs
3/4 tsp seasoning salt
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1 egg
oil

Beat egg in a bowl and set aside. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. Cut squash into rounds about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Heat oil lg pan for frying, Dip the rounds into the egg and then into the crumb mixture. Place in oil and fry for about 4 minutes on each side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! the seasoning is great - i cut mine in sticks, and the 4 min on each side was just perfect to make them tender inside and crisp out side... delish!