Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mozarella, Tomato, and Basil Salad

It does not get better than THIS salad! Happy Summer!

Mozzarella cheese
Basil
Tomatoes (I wont lie, home grown make this about a million times better)
Salt
Olive oil
Kalamata Olives (optional)

This is the easiest and best salad for the summer. Usually its best to use fresh mozzarella but I didn't have it and I had the other kind and it still works. Slice tomatoes and cheese and then for the basil I think the easiest way to cut it is to roll the leaf up and then slice. Then it unrolls the perfect size for this salad. Layer the tomatoes with cheese and sprinkle very lightly with salt. Add basil and just continue to layer in that manner. When you are done with your layers drizzle with olive oil and we garnish it with the olives because they add a lot of flavor and are so yummy!

1 comment:

Charis said...

This is my ALL TIME favorite salad, and I even love it on a sandwich too. In fact, that is what I had for lunch today. I love your food blog :-)